The Program Assistant reports to the Director of Grants & Community Engagement. This position does not supervise other positions.
Classification: Non-exempt; permanent; full-time
- The Program Assistant supports the Director in administering grants to the Maryland nonprofit community to support organizations involved in public humanities work.
- Assisting the Director with developing relationships with organizations around the state to stimulate, support, and promote educational experiences in the humanities that inspire all Marylanders to embrace lifelong learning, exchange ideas openly, and enrich their communities.
- The Program Assistant works as a thought partner in shaping the Grants program and Regional Humanities Networks with the Director of Grants and Community Engagement.
- Working with the Director of Grants & Community Engagement to ensure smooth processing of grants
- Assisting grant applicants and awardees with the grant application and reporting processes
- Providing technical support for the online grant application system to both applicants and grants committee members
- Monitoring the flow of grant applications to ensure prompt responses to applicants
- Presenting grant application information to small groups
- Updating grant event and financial logs (Excel)
- Assembling materials for and staffing Grant Committee meetings
- Maintaining all grant related files
- Maintaining and updating processes in the grant application database, Foundant
- Vetting grant applicants in accordance with Maryland Humanities’ policies
- Updating as needed the Grants Program’s webpages using WordPress
- Updating grantee contact information in eTapestry
- Managing grants database to provide accurate reports on awardees and for reporting to internal and external stakeholders
Regional Humanities Networks
- Ongoing maintenance and updating of partner records
- Coordinating logistics for regional meetings, including identifying and confirming meeting sites, arranging catering services, and preparing meeting materials
- Updating humanities networks event and financial logs (Excel)
- Creating and updating as needed the Humanities Networks’ webpages using WordPress and adding meetings to the online calendar
- Updating and maintaining meeting schedules on website
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Officer for Grants & Community Engagement
- Interest in the nonprofit sector, including trends and best practices specifically as they relate to increasing equity in grant-making
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with some database and/or application software experience preferred
- Ability to cultivate positive and productive relationships and partnerships with a wide range of cultures, people, and organizations
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to Maryland Humanities’ mission, vision, and values (see https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/mission-vision-values/)
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Enthusiasm for public humanities and their value in contemporary life
Compensation and Benefits: Position is full-time at 35 hours per week with an annual salary range of $35,000 to $40,000 commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including 21 days annual paid vacation, 12 days annual paid sick leave, 12 annual paid holidays, health and life/long-term disability insurance, free parking, professional development funds, and 401(k) retirement account with employer contribution.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit a cover letter and résumé via email to email@example.com with the subject line as “Grants Assistant”; no phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted through April 22, 2021. Interviews with qualified candidates will be conducted from May 1-5, 2021 with an anticipated start in June 1, 2021.
Maryland Humanities is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. Accordingly, all terms and conditions of employment will be carried out without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, or disability. Maryland Humanities will not tolerate acts deemed to constitute discrimination or harassment based on race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.