- Oct306:00 PMThe African American Studies Institute at PGCC presents: Black Culture Matters : A virtual lecture-discussion series About this Event Black Culture Matters is a series hosted by the African American Studies Institute (AASI) at PGCC, revolving around this year’s theme: Resisting De-humanization through the Humanities. The goal of this series is not to declare the [...]
1 2 >
- Nov31:30 PM - 3:00 PMFrom Montgomery County Public Libraries: Join us as we discuss The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. This book was chosen as the One Maryland One Book for 2020. Mi-ja and Young-sook, two girls living on the Korean island of Jeju, are best friends who come from very different backgrounds. When they are old enough, [...]
- Nov41:00 PM - 2:00 PMJoin the Hereford Branch of Baltimore County Public Library for a lively virtual discussion via Zoom of this year's One Maryland One Book selection The Island of Sea Women by New York Times bestselling author Lisa See. For more information contact Cynthia Webber at 410-887-1919.
- Nov46:30 PM - 8:00 PMFrom the Chestertown Branch of Kent County Public Library and inspired by the One Maryland One Book, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See: Community connection and continuing to contribute to the well-being of the collective even after their diving days are overall central to the haenyeo culture. AARP joins us to highlight the [...]
- Nov512:00 PM - 1:00 PMCelebrate 5 years of learning about the Patuxent River by joining a special FREE webinar series. Revisit and discuss four topics which have been covered at prior Patuxent River Conferences. Please register for each webinar separately to receive details on how to join them. We encourage registration if you'd like to receive the link to [...]
- Nov54:00 PM - 5:30 PMFrom Frederick County Public Libraries: This program is inspired by the 2020 One Maryland One Book The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. A guided tour of the Haenyeo Museum website, as well as the online Google Exhibit- Jeju Haenyeo. Both websites detail the life of the Haenyeo (Sea Women) on Jeju Island. A skill passed [...]
- Nov56:00 PM - 7:30 PMFrom the Govans Branch of Enoch Pratt Free Library: Join us for an online discussion of the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Visit prattlibrary.org for more information.
- Nov56:00 PM - 7:30 PMFrom Washington County Free Library: This virtual program will further explore the cultures in the One Maryland One Book 2020 selection, The Island of Sea Women. Visit washcolibrary.org or email Sarah Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Nov62:00 PM - 3:30 PMFrom Salisbury University, Fulton School of Liberal Arts and inspired by this year's One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See: In partnership with Worcester County Library, Dr. Kara French will give a presentation on "Female Husbands and Walking Marriages: Gender Roles in a Global Perspective." Contact Chrys Egan at email@example.com for [...]
- Nov911:00 AM - 12:30 PMYour favorite HCPL book discussion groups has gone virtual! Our book moderators will be doing what they have always done- leading an interesting and engaging book discussion. Now you can join us from the comfort of your home as we gather to discuss this year's One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women [...]