< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
- Oct226:00 PM - 7:00 PMJoin Christina and Liz from the Deale Library of Anne Arundel County Public Library for a virtual discussion about the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection The Island of Sea Women by New York Times bestselling author Lisa See. The historical fiction chronicles two female divers from different backgrounds as their friendship is tested and strengthened over [...]
- Oct227:00 PM - 8:00 PMFrom St. Mary's County Library: Freelance reporter Erin Cataneo will discuss the visit she took to the Island of Jeju in Korea, where she met the haenyeo women. Hopefully, her friend who introduced her to the "real" sea women, and who currently lives in Korea will join us in the Zoom program as well. Email [...]
- Oct22Online Interactive Discussion/Workshop of One Maryland One Book "The Island of Sea Women" by Lisa See7:00 PM - 8:30 PMFrom the Prince Frederick Branch of Calvert Library: Join us for an interactive discussion/workshop that will revolve around the One Maryland One Book title, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See as the jumping off point for building your communications skills. Find your voice to improve relationships, especially female-centered ones. Facilitated by Nikki Phillips, owner [...]
- Oct2411:00 AM - 12:30 PMFrom the Enoch Pratt Free Library: Join us for an online discussion of the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Visit prattlibrary.org for more information.
- Oct242:00 PM - 3:30 PMEach year, Montpelier Arts Center partners with Maryland Humanities to host a One Maryland One Book discussion. The Island of Sea Women is this year's stimulating read by Lisa See. The book chronicles the lives of two girls, Young-sook and Mi-ja, who are living on the Korean island, Jeju. Through marked differences on family lineage, the [...]
- Oct286:00 PM - 7:00 PMFrom Calvert Library's Southern Branch at Lotus Cafe: This year's One Maryland One Book title is The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. This book is a powerful tale of a decades-long friendship that takes place on the Korean Island of Jeju. Topics include competition, guilt, and communication. Discussion could include repairing friendships, building one [...]
- Oct286:30 PM - 7:30 PMFrom Cecil County Public Library: Join us online to discuss The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See, this year's One Maryland One Book selection. Contact your local branch to pick up a copy of the book while supplies last. See https://www.cecil.ebranch.info or contact Megan Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Oct291:00 PM - 2:30 PMYour favorite HCPL book discussion groups has gone virtual! Our book moderators will be doing what they have always done- leading an interesting and engaging book discussion. Now you can join us from the comfort of your home as we gather to discuss this year's One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women [...]
- Oct29Jefferson Patterson Park, St. Leonard MD4:00 PM - 6:00 PMThis meeting has been cancelled. Maryland Humanities is working with resilient local humanities communities—communities where the humanities play a central role in public life and where local stakeholders actively support humanities organizations’ work—to demonstrate and leverage the value of this work. We are convening humanities organizations in various regions around the state to explore how [...]
- Oct306:00 PMThe African American Studies Institute at PGCC presents: Black Culture Matters : A virtual lecture-discussion series About this Event Black Culture Matters is a series hosted by the African American Studies Institute (AASI) at PGCC, revolving around this year’s theme: Resisting De-humanization through the Humanities. The goal of this series is not to declare the [...]