< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
- Nov31:30 PM - 3:00 PMFrom Montgomery County Public Libraries: Join us as we discuss The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. This book was chosen as the One Maryland One Book for 2020. Mi-ja and Young-sook, two girls living on the Korean island of Jeju, are best friends who come from very different backgrounds. When they are old enough, [...]
- Nov46:30 PM - 8:00 PMFrom the Chestertown Branch of Kent County Public Library and inspired by the One Maryland One Book, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See: Community connection and continuing to contribute to the well-being of the collective even after their diving days are overall central to the haenyeo culture. AARP joins us to highlight the [...]
- Nov54:00 PM - 5:30 PMFrom Frederick County Public Libraries: This program is inspired by the 2020 One Maryland One Book The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. A guided tour of the Haenyeo Museum website, as well as the online Google Exhibit- Jeju Haenyeo. Both websites detail the life of the Haenyeo (Sea Women) on Jeju Island. A skill passed [...]
- Nov56:00 PM - 7:30 PMFrom the Govans Branch of Enoch Pratt Free Library: Join us for an online discussion of the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Visit prattlibrary.org for more information.
- Nov56:00 PM - 7:30 PMFrom Washington County Free Library: This virtual program will further explore the cultures in the One Maryland One Book 2020 selection, The Island of Sea Women. Visit washcolibrary.org or email Sarah Nadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Nov62:00 PM - 3:30 PMFrom Salisbury University, Fulton School of Liberal Arts and inspired by this year's One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See: In partnership with Worcester County Library, Dr. Kara French will give a presentation on "Female Husbands and Walking Marriages: Gender Roles in a Global Perspective." Contact Chrys Egan at email@example.com for [...]
- Nov911:00 AM - 12:30 PMYour favorite HCPL book discussion groups has gone virtual! Our book moderators will be doing what they have always done- leading an interesting and engaging book discussion. Now you can join us from the comfort of your home as we gather to discuss this year's One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women [...]
- Nov92:00 PM - 3:30 PMFrom Frederick County Public Libraries: This event is inspired by the 2020 One Maryland One Book The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Miyeok-guk, known in English as Seaweed Soup, is a traditional food commonly eaten by new mothers to help them recover from childbirth. Because of this, it has become commonly known as [...]
- Nov1012:30 PM - 1:30 PMFrom Howard County Library System: This virtual book discussion group will discuss the One Maryland One Book for 2020, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Link: https://live-howardcounty.pantheonsite.io/
- Nov104:00 PM - 5:30 PMFrom Wicomico Public Libraries: Join us for a discussion of the art and culture of the haenyeo women from this year's One Maryland One Book pick, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Discussion includes a virtual visit to the Jeju Haenyeo Museum. Vsit www.wicomicolibraries.org or email Alison Grice at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.