Events items can be used to make displaying event information on the site easy. Entries are displayed in several locations around the site, as well as on the Events page.
Adding and editing events
From the WordPress dashboard, click Events on the left menu to bring up the full listing. To edit an existing event, click its name in the list; to add a new event, click Add New at the top of the page.
On the Edit Event page, there are several fields available:
- Title: this title is displayed in the listing on the Events page and on the individual post page.
- Main content: the main description of the event.
- Location: click the checkbox for online events, or start typing a location name into the field, then select the location from the dropdown. New locations can be added separately in the Locations section under Events. Note that the Region field on the Location is used as a way for site visitors to filter events on the website.
- When: select the date and time of the event.
- Event categories: add categories to help organize events items.
Be sure to click Publish or Update to make your changes live.
Adding an event with multiple dates
When adding an event that is held over multiple dates or spanning a period of time (i.e. an exhibit or recurring event) please use the Recurring Events option under Events.
From the WordPress dashboard, click Events on the left menu, and select Recurring Events. From there, select Add New Recurring Events, and enter the dates and recurrences as specified as well as the rest of the event information.