News items are separate from regular blog posts, and are displayed on the News page.
Adding and editing news posts
From the WordPress dashboard, click News on the left menu to bring up the full listing. To edit an existing news post, click its name in the list; to add a new news post, click Add New at the top of the page.
On the Edit News page, there are several fields available:
- Title: this title is displayed in the listing on the News page and on the individual post page.
- Main content: the main content of the post. This content can be edited with Visual Composer if desired.
- Short description: displayed in the post listing. Try to keep it brief (~50 words).
- Image: images can be added to news posts from the media library.
- Image caption: displayed under the image.
- Tag: add categories to help organize news posts.
- Related Program: may be selected if relevant.
Be sure to click Publish or Update to make your changes live.