As we rethink how Advancement and Development might function within the overall organizational structure, Maryland Humanities is seeking a consultant to temporarily offer administrative support for the organization’s development functions. This will be a short-term contract from October 2022 through January 2023 (with potential to extend), 10-20 hours per week at $50/per hour. This is a 1099 position and does not include benefits or paid leave.
This is a hybrid position with at least 1 day per week at Maryland Humanities’ office in Baltimore City.
• Managing customer relationship management (CRM) database, eTapestry, incl. gift processing and acknowledgment; preparing queries and exports for solicitation; preparing donor reports; data integrity; etc.
• Managing deliverables of sponsorship and donor benefits, including maintenance of acknowledgement on website and social media platforms
• Preparing batch reports to ensure accuracy and reconciliation of gift management
• Preparing and processing bulk mailings in collaboration with requesting staff members
• Assisting with inquiries from existing or prospective donors
• Familiarity with development approaches, processes, and best practices
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with some database and/or application software experience preferred, eTapestry experience a plus
• Ability to work effectively, independently, and collaboratively
• Commitment to Maryland Humanities’ mission, vision, and values
To Apply: Please prepare the following materials: résumé and a brief cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “Development Assistant;” no phone calls please. Search will remain open until filled.