1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
- Sep15All DayFrom Frederick County Public Libraries: A book discussion on your schedule! Join us virtually for a casual discussion of One Maryland One Book's The Island of Sea Women moderated by Frederick County Public Libraries staff. Read the book at your own pace and post in the group about your progress. Let us know what you think [...]
- Sep181:00 PM - 2:30 PMFrom Worcester County Library: Join us virtually on Zoom for a lively discussion about this year's One Maryland One Book, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See, facilitated by Cindy Hanagud of Salisbury University. If you are unable to attend this one there will be a discussion in October and November. Books are available [...]
- Sep19Meet outside the Enoch Pratt Free Library Central Branch, Baltimore MD11:00 AM - 1:00 PMFollow in the footsteps of Baltimore’s literary luminaries and discover the elegant brownstone mansions and majestic cultural institutions built by Baltimore’s successful 19th century merchants and industrialists. Learn how a neighborhood of scholars, struggling artists and authors, newspaperman, philanthropists and social reformers offered rich opportunities to discuss and debate ideas and open new literary avenues. [...]
- Sep216:30 PM - 8:00 PMFrom the Easton Branch of Talbot County Free Library: Join us via Zoom for a virtual book discussion of this year's One Maryland One Book selection The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. The Easton Book Group is open to all. Visit www.tcfl.org or email Bill Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Sep217:00 PM - 8:00 PMFrom Howard County Library System: This virtual book discussion group will discuss the One Maryland One Book for 2020, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Link: https://live-howardcounty.pantheonsite.io/
- Sep2412:00 PM - 1:00 PMFrom the Chestertown Branch of Kent County Public Library: Join us for a virtual discussion of the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Go to kentcountylibrary.org or contact Annie Woodall at email@example.com for more information.
- Sep242:00 PM - 3:30 PMFrom Somerset County Library and inspired by this year's One Maryland One Book, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See: Join us for a viewing and discussion of this 1975 documentary on a day in the life of a 12-year-old Korean girl, learning to dive as a haenyeo on the island of Jeju. Haenyeo divers are [...]
- Sep242:00 PM - 3:00 PMFrom Frederick County Public Libraries: This event is inspired by the 2020 One Maryland One Book The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. Watch and learn how to create an octopus using Korean paper folding techniques known as Jong-i jeobji. Virtual program on Facebook- facebook.com/fredcolibrary
- Sep246:00 PM - 7:30 PMFrom Wicomico Public Libraries: Join us as we read from and discuss the 2020 One Maryland One Book selection, The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See. This year's pick is the story of the complex and decades-long friendship between Young-sook and Mi-ja, two women living on the Korean island of Jeju. Readers can follow their journey [...]
- Sep247:00 PM - 8:00 PMCurious about our new Executive Director, Lindsey Baker? Join us for a virtual “meet-and-greet.” She will be in conversation with Yolanda Vazquez answering your burning questions about her professional and personal interests, her passion and vision for the humanities, her journey to Maryland Humanities, and what her priorities are for the future of our organization. Ms. [...]