Students advancing from Maryland History Day to National History Day competition can take advantage of our electronic review process.
Experts will provide a thorough project review with constructive critique for improvement in quality and competitiveness. Electronic review will be provided for student advancers on a first-come, first-served basis. Submissions will not be reviewed until all components are received. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee that all projects will be reviewed. Projects that are reviewed will be returned in time to meet National deadlines.
Deadlines for project submission: Papers and Websites: Monday, May 1st. Documentaries, Exhibits and Performances: Monday, May 15th.
If you have questions, please email Grace Leatherman at email@example.com
Get one on one History Day help by attending one of the many Library Research Days offered near you! The topics range from picking your project, finding primary resources, and much more.
Anne Arundel County
- Anne Arundel County Public Library– Thursday, October 12, 2017- 6:30pm @Edgewater Library
- Maryland Historical Society– October 14, November 11, and December 2. Sessions run from 10am to 1pm. Cost: $15 per student. To register, call 410.685.3750 x 324 or email.
- Enoch Pratt Free Library– October 4, 2017, 4:00-6:30pm @Roland Park Branch
- Carroll County Public Library, Finksburg Branch October 6, 2017 2:00-5:00pm
- College of Southern Maryland, La Plata Campus- October 5, 2017, 6:00-7:00pm @Dr. Elaine Ryan Library Auditorium; October 5, 2017, 7:30-8:30pm @Dr. Elaine Ryan Library Auditorium. Register here!
- Howard County Public Library– September 25, 2017, 6:30pm @ Central Branch; September 27, 2017, 7:00pm @ Miller Branch; October 3, 2017, 7pm @ Glenwood; October 21, 2017 4 pm @ Savage Branch. Find more information and registration here!
Prince George’s County
- Greenbelt Middle School– October 7, 2017, 10:00-12:00pm; November 11, 2017; December 7, 2017 Find registration details and additional information here.
Queen Anne’s County
- Chesapeake College October 15, 2017, 1:00-4:00pm
- Queen Anne’s County Public Library, Centreville Branch, November 4, 2017; Kent Island Branch, November 11, 2017
- Queen Anne’s County Historical Society, Centreville, November 4, 2017
- Kent Island Heritage League, Chester, November 11, 2017
- National Archives, October 28, 2017, 11:00-2:00pm; November 11, 2017 10:00-1:00pm; December 2, 2017 10:00-1:00pm; December 9, 2017 10:00-1:00pm. Please email here to register.