Teaching with Primary Sources: Inquiry Kits
A partnership between Maryland Humanities, Maryland Public Television, and the Maryland State Department of Education, funded by the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources program, this new collection of inquiry kits allows students to select a research topic of interest and evaluate themed primary sources from the Library of Congress. From life in the early American colonies to the modern-day role of the United States, the inquiry kits examine social studies/history themes and align to Maryland curriculum units. Inquiry Kits are great for use in classroom activities, or as starter kits for History Day projects!
Professional Development Opportunities
Maryland Humanities staff members are available to provide free professional development or student visits related to Teaching with Primary Sources and Teaching with Primary Sources Inquiry Kits, in addition to providing Maryland History Day support.
Meet the people who make this project possible!
- Program OfficerJudy Dobbs
- TPS Coordinator, Maryland Humanities
- TPS Coordinator, Maryland Public TelevisionKarla Thompson
- MSDE Coordinator of Social StudiesBruce Lesh
- Outreach AssociateAnn Morgan
- Teacher ResearchersTom Crise, Anne Cook, Ann Morgan, Leah Olsen, Nancy Perlman, Randy Martinson, Jessica Western
Content created and featured in partnership with the TPS program does not indicate an endorsement by the Library of Congress.