Have you read this year’s One Maryland One Book? Would you like to share your thoughts with us, and the world? Welcome to Read & Response!
While many Marylanders will join book discussions with their libraries, classroom, and book clubs, we cannot truly be “Maryland’s biggest book club” without getting everyone’s voices in the same space.
Using the platform StoryPrompt, OMOB readers can respond to a series of prompts related to There There throughout the fall. These responses will be collected and then added to our website, for all to see. The entire process takes just a few minutes and can be done through your web browser on your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone — no app required.
Ready? Here’s how to do it:
- Click this link to be taken to the prompt.
- Read the instructions on the title screen, then select “I’m Ready.”
- View/listen to the video prompt. Click “Record Your Reply.”
- You will now get to record your response. The time limit is three minutes.
- Once you’re done, select “I’m Done.”
- Lastly, please enter your name, email, and check the box for our consent of use. The video will not be submitted until this step.
Tips: Take your time, plan out what you’d like to say. Write it down. You can retake the video as many times as you want before submitting.
All videos will be reviewed before posting online. Please allow 2-4 business days for your video to appear. Your video will not be added to the website if you your response contains hateful, intolerant, or inappropriate content.
If you are under 18, we will require a media consent form be signed by a parent or legal guardian. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This program was made possible in part by funding from the Library of Congress.