We are accepting proposals through August 11, 2023 for a Communications Consultant.
About Maryland Humanities
Maryland Humanities is a statewide non-profit that employs 15 staff and has a 23-person board. The organization’s current main programs include a robust grant program, One Maryland One Book, Maryland History Day, and Museum on Main Street. A comprehensive overview is available online at https://www.mdhumanities.org/about-us/.
Mission: Maryland Humanities creates and supports bold experiences that explore and elevate our shared stories to connect people, enhance lives, and enrich communities.
Humanities Now, our new Strategic Plan was adopted in December 2021.
Scope of the Work
Maryland Humanities seeks a Communications Consultant with a proven track record for excellence in developing strategic communications plans and marketing strategies to lead an effort that aligns with MH’s strategic plan and programming objectives.
This consultant will work in partnership with the Executive Director and Communications Specialist and capitalize on the creativity and networks of the Maryland Humanities board and staff.
Scope of Services:
• Lead a full assessment of our current communications capacity, plan, and staffing and provide a detailed report with suggestions and data analysis
• Engage Board members, staff, community partners, and populations served to establish a strategy that is meaningful and unique to Maryland Humanities
• Develop inclusive branding and messaging strategies that build excitement and engagement, and best position MH to achieve our strategic goals. For more background on the goals and evaluation criteria Maryland Humanities will use for the final product, visit here.
Proposals will be ranked on the following criteria:
• Overall match between the RFP requirements and proposal: Understanding of scope, objectives and completeness and coherence of response (25 points)
• Qualifications and previous work of consultant (25 points)
• Demonstrated ability of consultant to carry out communications plan of similar character and size and working with diverse audiences (25 points)
• An understanding of the services to be provided
• Ability to work within the timeframe and budget (25 points).
Timeline & Budget
Project will begin no later than September 2023 and be completed by February 2024.
Most of the work will be done via Zoom or another platform of your choice. If possible under Covid-19 safety guidelines, some work may be done in person.
The anticipated budget for the project is $15,000-$20,000 including expenses.
Proposal Content Requirements
Your proposal must be submitted electronically as a PDF, be no more than ten (10) pages and include the following:
• In lieu of a cover letter, please answer the following prompts:
-Please explain your understanding of the scope of services and how this aligns with your skills and experience.
-Please give examples of how you have incorporated a racial equity lens into your work.
• Estimated cost and timeline
• A similar product from previous strategic communications work that the person or team has led (report, executive summary, infographic, video, etc.)
• A list of key personnel and a CV or resume of everyone who will work on the project
Those wishing to submit proposals should do so by no later than August 11h at 5pm by submitting the proposal and any company materials indicating qualifications to: Lindsey Baker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Selection Committee will conduct interviews during August 2023 with prospective consultants to discuss their proposal in more depth and evaluate its alternatives with an expected agreement by the end of August 2023.
You may contact Lindsey Baker, Executive Director at email@example.com for further information or with questions.