Here are answers to the most commonly asked questions our Grantees have through the life of their grant.
- My organization was awarded a Maryland Humanities Grant! Now what?Congratulations! Your Project Director will receive a Grant Award Package in the mail, which includes an award letter, two copies of the signed Grant Agreement, a Payment Request Form, and a Grant Administration Procedures packet. One of the Grant Agreements must be signed and returned with the Payment Request Form, to formalize acceptance of the grant terms and to receive your dispersal check.
Most of your questions can be answered by looking at the Grants Administration Procedures.
- What if my program changes?All changes in the scope or the objectives of a project, the project director, or the duration of the project must be approved in writing by Maryland Humanities. This includes changes in speakers and scholars involved in the project. Requests for program changes must be submitted in writing and in advance by the Project Director.
If you find it necessary to extend the grant period for your project, a written or emailed request from the Grant Administrator must be submitted to us for approval prior to the original completion date.
- What if my budget changes?You must follow the budget submitted with the grant application, which is subject to the terms of these provisions and any conditions and restrictions specified in the Grant Agreement. The following budget changes must be submitted in advance to us for approval: the addition or deletion of budget items; the inclusion of costs that were specifically disallowed in the Grant Agreement; and the transfer of funds that were budgeted for direct costs to cover indirect costs. The Grant Recipient may transfer funds among direct cost categories, provided the scope or objectives of the project are not changed. Requests for budget changes must be submitted in writing and in advance by the Grant Administrator.
- How do I track my grant-funded events for my Final Report?
Tracking your events will make filling out your final report a lot easier. Your audience demographic profile (gender, ethnicity, age group) will be required, as will a final Program Event Log. (This document is similar to the event log you submitted during your application.)
Use one Event Review form to collect information for each grant-funded event you have. Enter as much information as you can gather from observation. Save the completed forms to enter the data into the Final Program Event Log.
- How will the grant funds be dispersed?Grant Recipients may receive their grant award on an advance or reimbursement basis. Mini grants of $1,200 or less may be advanced in full in one installment. Awards over $1,200 may be advanced for sums that in total are not more than 90% of the total award. The final 10% of all grants over $1,200 will be paid upon receipt of the Final Report.
The Payment Request Form (included as part of your Grant Award Package) must be filled out and returned to Maryland Humanities to receive grant funds. The Grant Recipient should allow two to three weeks for a check to be issued.
All activities that are paid from a Maryland Humanities grant award must have occurred during the official grant period. The grant period begins on the date specified in the application or the date on which Maryland Humanities approves funding for the grant and concludes sixty days following the completion of project activities funded by Maryland Humanities.
- Where can I go for answers?