< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
- Oct26Wicomico Public Libraries–Centre Branch, Salisbury MD10:30 AM - 12:30 PMCoffee and Books: A casual discussion about the 2019 OMOB selection: What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha. Library copies are available to take out. Coffee and tea will be provided. Ages 16+
- Oct26Prince George’s County Memorial Library System–Largo-Kettering Branch, Largo MD11:00 AM - 12:00 PMDiscuss the 2019 OMOB selection: What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha.
- Oct26Meet outside the Enoch Pratt Free Library Central Branch, Baltimore MD11:00 AM - 1:00 PMFollow in the footsteps of Baltimore’s literary luminaries and discover the elegant brownstone mansions and majestic cultural institutions built by Baltimore’s successful 19th century merchants and industrialists. Learn how a neighborhood of scholars, struggling artists and authors, newspaperman, philanthropists and social reformers offered rich opportunities to discuss and debate ideas and open new literary avenues. [...]
- Oct26Middletown Wastewater Treatment Plant, Middletown MD11:00 AM - 12:00 PMTour the Wastewater Treatment Plant with Town Administrator Drew Bowen, and learn how water is managed in Middletown.
- Oct26Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center, Church Creek MD3:00 PM - 4:30 PMLearn about the important role that water, communication and community played on the Underground Railroad in Maryland. In conjunction with the Smithsonian Water/Ways exhibition in Cambridge, the Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center invites you to a special presentation, The Underground Railroad in Dorchester County: Community & Communication on the Water. For Harriet Tubman and [...]
- Oct27Dorchester Center for the Arts, Cambridge MD12:00 PM - 4:00 PMThe Cambridge Main Street is the fourth of six Maryland sites to host Water/Ways, a traveling Smithsonian Institution exhibition, brought to the state by the Maryland Humanities’ Museum on Main Street program. Water/Ways will be open to the public at Dorchester Center for the Arts in Cambridge for six weeks, from October 19 to November 30, 2019, [...]
- Oct28Kent County Public Library–Chestertown Branch, Chestertown MD2:00 PM - 3:00 PMThis short documentary tells the story of the Flint Water Crisis from the perspectives of those who have experienced this tragedy first hand and and from activists on the ground working through grass-root organizations to make a difference.
- Oct28Prince George’s County Memorial Library System–Bowie Branch, Bowie MD3:30 PM - 4:30 PMTeen Advisory Board discusses the 2019 OMOB selection: What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha.
- Oct28Taphouse 1637, California MD6:00 PM - 7:30 PMGrab a bite and gab about books! Discuss the 2019 OMOB selection: What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha. Adults only. Visit taphouse1637.com for directions & menu options for purchase.
- Oct28Montgomery County Public Libraries–Maggie Nightingale Library, Poolesville MD7:00 PM - 8:00 PMDiscuss the 2019 OMOB selection: What the Eyes Don’t See by Mona Hanna-Attisha.