Programs are stored in the system so that they can appear dynamically on the homepage (slider) as well as on the Programs landing page. The list of programs in the mega menu, as well as the program description page, are both manually created.
Adding and editing programs
From the WordPress dashboard, click Programs on the left menu to bring up the full listing. To edit an existing entry, click its name in the list; to add a new entry, click Add New at the top of the page.
On the Edit Program page, there are several fields available:
- Title: the name of the program.
- Image: displayed in both the homepage slider as well as the Programs landing page.
- Tagline: short tagline for the program.
- Short Description: a short description for the program.
- Program Page Link: the link to the landing page that houses the full details of the program.
- Slider Order: used to change the order of how the programs appear in the program slider on the home page (1 = first position). The programs have been set up in alphabetical order as increments of 10 so that the order can be easily updated without touching all of the programs. For instance, if you want to make Letters About Literature the first item in the slider, simply edit the item and change the value from “30” to “1”.
Be sure to click Publish or Update to make your changes live.